Support our research
By donating to research, you pave the way for solutions to pressing local and global challenges. You have the ability to create a better future.
How you support our research
Your donations can support:
- Scholarships and fellowships for the rising stars in research – the best and brightest with the skills and imagination to solve our biggest problems
- Enhancements to labs and facilities that ensure our researchers work with the equipment and resources they need to do exceptional work
- The appointment of research leaders with the experience and expertise to drive advances in critical fields like respiratory health and environmental sustainability
- Outreach and collaboration initiatives and citizen science projects that bring research to life in the community.
Your donations to our research help to:
- Protect the environment by tackling plastic pollution, developing sustainable urban design and producing cheaper renewable energy. Find out more about our research into sustainability and the environment.
- Save lives through new treatments for health conditions such as cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Find out more about our research into health and wellbeing.
- Develop a fair and inclusive society by confronting human rights abuse and empowering women to stand up to violence. Find out more about our research into democratic citizenship.
- Tackle threats to citizens in the modern world by exploring issues from food safety to cyber security. Find out more about our research into security and risk.
- Find sustainable, cost-effective ways to navigate our increasingly complex world using new technologies in health informatics, energy and electronic engineering, and computing. Find out more about our research into future and emerging technologies.
Other ways to donate
Donate to reduce the attainment gap and provide equal opportunities so Black students can succeed and thrive.
Give to the Portsmouth Futures Fund and help students with limited means to make the most of their time at university.