Sport at Portsmouth
If you've been inspired watching the athletes compete in this year's Olympic Games, get involved with sport at Portsmouth.
We're home to one of the leading Sport and Exercise Science departments in the UK, and have comprehensive sports facilities - so there's always a lot going on.
Below you'll find lots of information about our sports courses and research, as well as all of the sports opportunities on campus.
Our sport science research
Latest sports news
Latest sports blogs
Sports on campus
Sport and fitness facilities
- A 125-station gym with free weights, functional equipment, resistance machines and cardio machines
- A sports centre with cardio and multi-use studio spaces, boxing bags, treadmills and free weights
- Fitness classes, courses and workshops, led by our skilled fitness staff – including cardio cycling, yoga fitness, cardio conditioning and pilates
- Indoor sports halls and courts where you can play volleyball, badminton, tennis, squash and more
- Outdoor courts and pitches for sports including football, rugby, netball and tennis
- Ravelin Sports Centre opening in 2022, will offer an 8 lane swimming pool, 175 station gym, climbing wall and ski simulator
We also have sports and gym memberships that are open to everyone in the community, not only our students and staff. All types of membership provide unlimited gym access, unlimited fitness classes and unlimited racket sports bookings.
Take a look at our new sports centre opening in 2022
We have built a new sports centre for you to play, train and compete which has been designed to be one of the UK's most sustainable sports centres.
Students, staff and local residents will all be able to enjoy the facilities. A range of classes and courses, personal training and very affordable membership with great benefits will be available.
You can find out more by watching our short video below.
Recorded during the final stages of the building process, this fly-through tour gives you a glimpse of the facilities within Ravelin Sports Centre.
Interested in studying sport at Portsmouth?