Our influence extends far beyond Portsmouth. Discover how we're making a positive impact across the UK and the world.
Benefits to the UK economy
Here are the highlights from 2015/16* of how we made a financial contribution to the UK:
- Our graduates added £420 million in value to the UK economy as a result of the skills they learnt while studying here
- We generated £46.9 million in added value for the UK economy
- Our spending on goods and services supported 797 jobs across the UK
- We paid 4,129 members of staff a total of £148.1 million – their spending added £118.4 million in value to the UK economy and supported 2,095 jobs
- Through capital investment we added £27 million in value and supported 378 jobs in the UK economy
- We added £2.7 million in value to the UK economy through our various Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs), which translate our student and staff knowledge and research into benefits for industry
*All statistics taken from BiGGAR Economics' University of Portsmouth report, July 2017
Benefits to the world
Our research and innovation is helping to make the planet a better place. These are a few examples of how our work is answering some of the world's pressing issues. Delve further into our research for other projects, or discover our global outlook to explore how we're growing our reputation as an international institution in every corner of the planet.