Senior Lecturer in Biomechanics
Course Leader BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
Physcial Activity, Health and Rehabilitation Thematic Research Group
Clinical, Health and Rehabilitation Research Team (CHaRT)
Research Group in Breast Health
I joined the School of Sport, Health and Exercise Science at the University of Portsmouth in 2019 as a Lecturer in Biomechanics. As part of the Physical Activity, Health and Rehabilitation Thematic Research Group, and Clinical, Health and Rehabilitation Research Team (CHaRT) my research focusses on the use of biomechanics to inform the treatment and rehabilitation from musculoskeletal pathologies. I have specific experience leading an international collaborative research project exploring the treatment of anterior cruciate ligament tears, involving clinicians and academics from multiple institutions.
I have been an active member of the International Society of Biomechanics in Sport since 2015 attending a number of conferences and securing the Student Mini Research Grant in 2016 to help support my doctoral studies. I have visited and conducted research in a number of international research institutions such as Cardiff Metropolitan University, the University of Salzburg, Aspire Academy, and High Point University. Finally, I am the UK lead for promoting and marketing National Biomechanics Day, an annual international movement that aims to increase the profile of biomechanics through varying events.
My research interests are exploring how the use of biomechanical measures can be used within clinical and rehabilitation settings to help improve and inform treatment. Specific topics include:
- The use of non-linear variables and dynamical systems theory within clinical contexts
- Changes in biomechanics during the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- The application of biofeedback to rehabilitation practices
- The use of velocity based training to inform resistance training practices.
- Course Leader - BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Science
- Introduction to Sport and Exercise Biomechanics (Level 4)
- Biomechanics in Practice (Level 6)
- Rehabilitation in Strength and Conditioning (Level 7; Module Coordinator)
- Undergraduate and MSc level research projects
- MPhil, PhD and ProfDoc Research Supervisor