Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Excellence
Structure and governance
Our people are at the heart of all that is good at the University. The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence celebrate students and staff who have made an exceptional contribution to the University, its values, its ambition and its success, as set out in the University Strategy.
VC Awards 2021
Nominations for this year are now closed. Students, staff and members of the community are warmly encouraged to nominate fellow students, colleagues or community members who support or work in partnership with the University.
An event to celebrate award and commendation winners will take place later in the year either virtually or in person.
Any questions, please email email@example.com.
What you need to know to make a nomination:
- For the nominee to be a student or staff member at the University or a member of the local community. The nomination can recognise an individual or a team.
- The nominated project must not have already been recognised by a University Recognition Award or a Students' Union Award
- Nominations should be for an exceptional contribution over the previous or current academic year i.e. 2020-2021, although the contribution could have started earlier
- Nominations will be assessed on their innovation, engagement and impact
- You'll need the nominee's email address and the details of a lead nominee if nominating a team
- Nominees must not be made aware of their nomination
- A panel of staff and students from the University will evaluate nominations and make recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor
- After nominations close you will be contacted about the outcome of your nomination
- Self nominations aren't accepted
You can nominate University students or staff, or any community members who work in partnership with the University, who have made an exceptional contribution to the University, its values, its ambition and its success, as set out in the University Strategy.
The nomination can recognise an individual or a team. You can make more than one nomination.
Staff, students and community members involved with the University can make a nomination but cannot nominate themselves.
Nominees must not be made aware of their nomination.
Friday 23 April 2021 at 4.00pm.
You will be informed about the outcome of your nomination after the panel has met in June.
We will contact successful nominees if they have won an award or commendation and will invite them to the awards event.
An awards event is being planned for September and will either be virtual, or in person if it’s safe to do so. Award and commendation winners and their guests, as well as nominators, will be invited.
The nominated project must not have already been recognised by a University Recognition Award or a Students' Union Award. They can be nominated if they have received a VC Award previously for another project but if they are being nominated for the same project significant progress must have been made since the last nomination. You can nominate someone if they were previously nominated but weren’t successful.