Help to Grow Management programme
Running a business at the moment is tough. If you're a senior manager in a small to medium sized business this government supported training programme will help you meet today's business challenges. You'll gain insight and skills to help you boost your business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
'Help To Grow: Management' is a 12-week programme that's 90% funded by the Government. It's designed to allow you to complete the programme alongside full-time work.
- You must be in a senior management role (a decision maker and/or member of the senior management team), with at least one direct report
- The business you work in must have been operating for at least 1 year
- Your business must have between 5 and 249 employees
The Help To Grow: Management programme is being delivered by a consortium of business schools across the UK. The programme is accredited by the Small Business Charter (SBC) and is supported by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
This is a 90% funded programme. You'll need to pay a fee of £750 to Portsmouth Business School once you've been accepted onto the programme.
Only 1 person from the same company can attend the programme and they must be a senior leader. Please note that places are limited. Because of the high demand for places you must be able to commit to attend all sessions.
Facilitated by small business experts from Portsmouth Business School and a range of other business leaders, this practical programme takes place over 3 months and includes both online and face-to-face sessions. The programme includes peer support and mentoring and is designed to be manageable alongside your full-time job.
- 8 facilitated online 2 hour sessions
- 4 practical and interactive case study workshops
- one-to-one support from a mentor, providing you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan
- peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- access to our alumni programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
Subjects you'll explore
- Strategy and innovation
- Building vision and brand
- Adopting digital technology
- Growing national and international markets
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Leading for high performance
- Creating customer value
- Financial management
On top of this, you’ll extend your business network by working alongside other business leaders taking part in the programme.
Sign up now
To book your place on this programme please email the team.
If you have a question about the programme get in touch and we'll be happy to answer your questions.