Building Defects and Surveys (pm) Short course
Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The University of Portsmouth has its own detached property, a former Caretakers ‘Lodge’ that has been turned into a laboratory for the study of building surveys.
On this Building Defects and Surveys short course, you'll get hands-on, with practical exercises that will then be reviewed against the known case history of the building. This will be followed by an explanation of how more advanced surveying techniques might be used by the practicing building surveyor.
Because of the capacity of the Lodge, places on this course are limited to 10.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:
- Location: University of Portsmouth, Eco Lodge PO1 3FX
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- practical workshop activities
- residential survey reporting
- defect diagnosis
- schedule of condition
- use of equipment
- thermal imaging
You'll be taught by:
Stephen Neale, a Chartered Building Surveyor responsible for construction technology subjects at the University of Portsmouth. He previously ran his own Building Surveying consultancy specialising in defect diagnosis and commercial energy assessment.
Ray Faulkner, the managing director of iRed Ltd a company set up in 2002. iRed specialises in the use of thermography and other advanced surveying techniques.
Bruce Arnold CEng, FIMechE, MCIBSE is a thermographer and a senior trainer at iRed. He is a chartered engineer, and served in the Royal Navy for many years, Bruce now conducts thermographic building surveys on behalf of iRed specialising in BREEAM and investigative projects.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements