Construction Law: An Update Short course
Construction Law: An Update
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you're a construction professional, keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in design, procurement and project execution is vital – and can help make your future projects more successful, and minimise the risk exposure of the professionals involved.
On this Construction Law short course, you'll get a detailed update on developments in the law relating to construction projects and disputes. With a focus on adopting a proactive approach to risk management, you'll be taught by a leading national expert, a current Member of Council and former Chairman of the Society of Construction Law.
This course is ideal if you're a surveyor that's involved in development, but is also perfect for any construction professional, including architects and civil engineers.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Start and end dates:18 March 2020, 1.50pm to 5.10pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- public procurement and challenges to tender processes
- developments in construction contract law
- liability of professionals and contractors
- dispute resolution round-up: arbitration, adjudication, alternative methods of dispute resolution
You’ll be taught by Anthony Lavers, a Barrister at the international law firm White and Case, where he is Counsel in the Construction and Engineering Group.
Anthony is also currently a visiting Professor of Law at King’s College, having taught at several other Universities such as Portsmouth, Oxford Brookes and Singapore.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
To book onto and pay for this course online, please visit our online store.
Pay by invoice
Please note this method of payment is only available when no other means of payment is possible, due to the additional administration costs involved.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.