Painting with Acrylics Short course
Painting with Acrylics
Are you a budding artist ready to embrace a new medium? Are you a keen painter wanting to fuel your creative fire? This course will introduce you to the medium of acrylics and its diverse qualities.
You’ll practice using the paint on prepared canvas board, building your technique through the exploration of acrylics. You’ll experiment with subject matter, from still life to portraiture. This is an ideal course for people with some basic drawing skills; that way you can concentrate on developing your aptitude with acrylics, rather than ensuring your representations are accurate. That’s not to say you can’t practice your drawing skills through paint, it just won’t be the focus of this class.
The course runs for eight weeks, with the final session dedicated to a celebratory viewing for family and friends. Teaching takes place in the University’s Eldon Building, offering an intimate and dedicated studio space equipped with easels and materials.
- Mode of study: Direct
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Start and end dates: No dates are currently scheduled, please use the form below to be added to the waiting list
- Location: Eldon Building, Winston Churchill Avenue, Portsmouth PO1 2DJ
- Early Bird rate: £180
- Standard rate: £200
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll:
- practice using the paint on prepared canvas board
- experiment with subject matter, from still life to portraiture
- practice in an intimate, dedicated studio space
- be guided through practical, creative exercise, with plenty of support
You'll be taught by Peta Tattersall, MA Fine Art, who has experience of teaching drawing and painting in academic and professional development contexts, as well as maintaining her own long-term creative practice.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
How to book
This course has already been delivered.
To register your interest for future courses, please email email@example.com
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.