Professional Liability: An Update Short course
Professional Liability: An Update
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Due to recent case law, professional liability remains a concern for property professionals. On this Professional Liability short course, you'll review the legal position of all surveyors and property professionals, both in managing their risk exposure, and dealing with potential liability in disputes.
Ideal for professionals who want to stay alert to liability issues and the changes arising from court decisions, this course will focus on understanding potential pitfalls, and proactive approaches to risk avoidance. It'll also prove invaluable to those interested in taking appointments as expert witnesses in liability-related disputes.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 18 March 2020, 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Hog’s Back Hotel, Farnham GU10 1EX
- Single booking: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- a refresher on principles of liability
- the duty of the property professional
- liability for valuation in unstable markets
- the role of expert evidence: ‘the margin of error’
- relevant recent case law
You'll be taught by Professor Anthony Lavers, who has pursued a career in higher education and legal practice, maintaining connections with surveying and the RICS. He has worked at Portsmouth, Singapore, Cambridge and Oxford Brookes universities and is counsel at the international law firm White and Case.
He is a leading expert in his field and regular CPD speaker in the UK and overseas.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.