The Planning System in 2020 Short course
The Planning System in 2020
Please note that this event has been postponed and will NOT take place on the advertised date.
If you've already booked to attend this course, please refer to the email that you should've received from email@example.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Planning is characterised by continuous change in legislation, procedures, practice and case law and practitioners can struggle to keep up-to-date with it all.
This short course meets the need for a concise and accessible update. You'll examine the implementation of legislation and the effects on practice of the seemingly endless flow of new statutory instruments and changes to government policies, set out in National Planning Practice Guidance and the National Planning Policy Framework.
- Mode of study: Face to face
- Duration: 3 hours 20 minutes
- Start and end dates: 22 April 2020 - 9.20am to 12.40pm
- Location: Hockley Golf Club, Twyford SO21 1PL
- Single bookings: £105
- Multirate (3 or more courses booked at same time): £90
- APC rate: £70
- Apprenticeship rate: £70
- Retired rate: £70
What you'll experience
On this short course you'll cover:
- recent political changes and emerging issues
- the main planning provisions of amending legislation
- the National Planning Policy Framework and National Planning Practice Guidance
- changes to statutory instruments: use classes; permitted development; and development management procedure
- planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy
- key cases
- what does the future hold?
You'll be taught by Bernard Webster, a Visiting Lecturer in the School of Civil Engineering and Surveying at the University of Portsmouth.
He qualified as a planner in 1970 and since 1973 has worked in surveying higher education, including delivering more than 250 CPD sessions on planning topics.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
The following courses are eligible for the multirate discount when you book three or more courses at the same time:
- Accounting for Non-accountants
- Aerial Visual and Thermographic Applications
- Building defects and surveys (am)
- Building Defects and Surveys (pm)
- Building Regulations: An Update for Surveyors, Engineers and Architects
- Bursledon Brickworks: A History of Bricks
- Business Improvements for Organisations
- Commercial Property Taxation
- Construction Law: An Update
- Covenants and Easement: Legal and Property Issues
- Dilapidations: Law and Practice
- Effective Communication Skills
- Fire: Prevention, Design and Safety management
- Health and Safety Management: An Update
- History, Care and Repair of Timber Framed Structures
- HMS Victory: Surveying, Procurement and Restoration (am)
- HMS Victory: surveying procurement and restoration (pm)
- Introduction to Project Management
- Large Scale Urban Property Regeneration in London
- Making Sense of Commercial Contracts
- Managing Asbestos Risk
- Managing Wellbeing and Mental Health in the Workplace
- Minimum Energy Efficient Standards MEES The Impact on Property Valuation
- Party Walls: Construction, Law and Safety
- Professional Liability: An Update
- Promoting your Business through Social Media
- Property Valuation and Investment: Price, Value and Worth
- Residential surveys valuations and reports
- Residential Update Context Supply and Affordability
- Subsidence and Settlement: Surveying and Engineering Issues
- The Planning System in 2020
- Understanding the Effects of Dampness and Decay in Buildings
- Understanding Trees: Legal and Surveying Issues
- Valuation: Bank Lending
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (am)
- Waste Water Purification Drainage and Disposal (pm)
- Waterproofing Below-ground Structures and Basements
- Working at Height
Get in touch
Find out more about this course by contacting us below.