How to apply
When you apply as an international student, you'll follow the same process as UK students, but there are a few extra things you'll need to know.
Applicants from some countries may have to meet individual requirements – to see what these are, visit your country page.
English language requirements
You need a sufficient level of English to contribute in classes and lectures, and to complete assignments.
The level of English you need depends on the course you want to study – you can find these requirements on each course page. Before we confirm your place, you must demonstrate you meet the English language requirements for your course by supplying the results of an English language test we accept.
If you don’t meet the English language requirements for this course when you apply, you can achieve the level you need by successfully completing a pre-sessional English programme with us before you start your course.
Students from some countries, such as those that use English as an official language, are exempt from these requirements. Find out if your country is exempt by visiting your country's page.
Getting a visa
As you'll probably know already, you'll need a visa to study in the UK, and you'll need an offer of a place with us before you can apply for your visa, so you should apply for a course first. You can read more about this on our Visas page.
What you'll need to send us
When you apply to join us, we'll need to see the following documents:
- A completed application form – there's a link to the form you'll need in the 'apply' section at the bottom of every course page
- A Personal Statement or Statement of Purpose explaining why you want to study this course and why you have chosen our University. Some personal statements need specific information, so check your course page for full details.
- Officially certified and translated copies of your high school or college qualification and grades (for undergraduate courses)
- Officially certified and translated copies of your degree qualification and grades (for Postgraduate courses)
- Proof of your English language level (such as an IELTS Certificate)
- One academic reference on official headed paper for undergraduate courses or two references for postgraduate courses
- Please note that we require video credibility interviews for applicants from certain countries. Our regional leads will be in contact to coordinate this with the applicant directly.
What comes next?
Once we receive your application, we may ask you for further information. We will then either make you an offer or suggest alternatives if your application is unsuccessful. If you receive an offer from us, you've received an offer from us, there's plenty more to think about. Find out about preparing for being a student in the UK.