On this page, you'll find information about where you can meet us in your region, what you need to do to apply for a course with us and contact details for our people in your area.
Entry requirements for students from Cameroon
If you're joining us from Cameroon, the entry requirements you need to meet will depend on the course you want to study.
We consider all applications we receive. However, to make sure you get the most out of your time studying with us and have the best chance of applying successfully, we recommend the following minimum qualifications:
If you have the Cameroon GCE O level, Certificat d'Aptitude Professionnelle or Probatoire, you'll usually need to do a foundation year before doing an undergraduate course such as a Bachelor's degree.We recommend you take a foundation course at our associated college International College Portsmouth (ICP).
To be considered for an undergraduate degree, you should also hold one of the following:
- Cameroon Baccalauréat with a score of 11/12 and above
- Baccalauréat de Technicien with a score of 11/12 and above
- Brevet de Technicien with a score of 11/12 and above
- Diplôme d'Ingenieur (Diploma of Agronomy Engineering)
- Brevet d'Etudes Professionnelles with a score of 11/12 and above
- Minimum of Grade C in Cameroon GCE Advanced Levels (Anglophone System)
If you have one of the following qualifications, you may be considered for final year (top-up) or second year entry:
- Diplôme Universitaire de Technologie
- Diplôme d'Etudes universitaires générales (DEUG)
- Diplôme d'Etat de Technicien
- Brevet de Technicien Supérieur (BTS)
- Higher National Diploma
If you don't have theCameroon GCE O level, Certificat d'Aptitude Professionnelle or Probatoire, you can apply with:
- Please check your specific course page to find the exact number of points needed. Your A level grades should equal or exceed the total points required. You can use the UCAS Tariff Calculator to work out your total points.
- Some courses will require you to have studied specific subjects at A level. For example, to study a science course you will usually need to have achieved passing grades in scientific subjects at A level.
- A level points: A* = 56 A = 48 B = 40 C = 32 D = 24.
- Most courses will require between 24 and 31 points in the International Baccalaureate (IB), depending on the degree you apply for.
You may be able to join an undergraduate course with other qualifications. We do consider qualifications from a range of sources. Contact us to find out more.
For entry to our postgraduate Master's programmes, you'll usually need to have one of the following from a recognised Higher Education institution:
- Diplôme d'Ingenieur
- Diplôme from an Ecole Supérieure de Commerce/Gestion/Politique
- Licence or a Maîtrise ie required with minimum GPA of 11/20
- 2.5 or above in Anglophone C.G.P.A system from the University of Beau
- Diplôme d'Etudes Supérieures (Diploma of Advanced Studies) 2+1+1
Typical minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements:
- From 2.8 on a scale of 1-4
- From 7 on a scale of 1-10
If you don't meet the postgraduate entry requirements, you can do a pre-Master's programme at International College Portsmouth (ICP) for many of our courses.
We'll consider you for a PhD if you have a good Master’s degree and submit a research proposal.
English language requirements
When you join us, it’s important that you can speak and understand English to the level that your course requires. The specific English language requirements will be on your chosen course page.We accept a Grade C or above in English on the Cameroon General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level, IELTS, IGCSE and several other certificates, but don’t worry if you're currently short of the standard required – we offer English Language Programmes that will get you to the necessary level.
What to do next
Our Global Officers are experts in helping students from Cameroon, like you, to apply to join us. Whatever you want to know, just ask.
Scholarships and Bursaries
As a student from Cameroon, you may be eligible for a scholarship. You can find out what is available to you on our funding pages.
Representatives and agents
If you want to learn more about studying with us or you want help with your application, contact one of our official representatives in Cameroon:
Agents in Cameroon
Events in Cameroon
Architecture: The journey from conception to completion
Date: Wednesday 9 December 2020
Event Type: Webinar
Time: 1700 (WAST)
Registration: Register here.