Browse courses by subject
What can you do with a Law degree?
Law touches on almost every aspect of society including business, politics and human rights. It affects global trade and international relations as well as business, personal transactions and family relationships - so a degree in law is always relevant.
Study law and you'll tackle the pressing ethical and legal issues facing society. A law degree is the first step to a career in the legal sector and can prepare you for further training as a barrister or solicitor.
The knowledge, experience and skills you'll learn will also prepare you for many other graduate jobs. With your Law degree, you'll be ready to move into a variety of roles in insurance and banking, and into managerial positions across many other industries.
Undergraduate Law courses
- Law LLB (Hons)
- Law with Business LLB (Hons)
- Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)
- Law with International Relations LLB (Hons)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Criminal Justice BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Cybercrime BSc (Hons)
- Criminology and Forensic Studies BSc (Hons)
- Criminology with Psychology BSc (Hons)
- Policing and Investigation (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
- Risk and Security Management (Distance Learning) BSc (Hons)
Postgraduate Law courses
- Corporate Governance and Law Grad.CG LLM
- Crime Science MSc
- Criminal Justice MSc
- Criminal Psychology MSc
- Criminology MSc
- Cybercrime MSc
- Forensic Accounting MSc
- Forensic Information Technology MSc
- Forensic Psychology MSc
- Humanities and Social Sciences MRes
- Intelligence MSc
- International Criminal Justice MSc
- Law LLM
- Law and Legaltech LLM
- Professional Studies (Learning at Work) MA/MSc
- Science MRes
- Security Management MSc
- Victimology MSc
- Criminology MPhil and PhD
- Law MPhil and PhD
5 reasons to study Law with us
- All our law degrees are accredited by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as Qualifying Law Degrees.
- Our law facilities include a mock law court which is a replica of a crown court, complete with dock, witness box, jury room and interview room.
- Join our student law society and take part in a wide range of social, charitable and career related activities.
- You can get work experience in our legal advice clinic with supervision from qualified solicitors.
- After your second year, you can do a placement year to get experience in a range of different sectors ahead of graduating. You'll get support in choosing and applying for placements that fit your aspirations, whether you want to work in a legal or non-legal context.
The LLB Law syllabus at the University of Portsmouth really hones in on taking the law and the practical application of it to legal problems – I think learning this skill early on in my studies set me ahead of my peers.
Hear from both our staff and students about how using our replica Crown Court facility can enhance your skills, for both legal and non-legal professions.
Watch course leader, Kerry Collier talk about studying LLB (Hons) Law at Portsmouth.
Find out how you can discover the city, the University and our campus at one of our Open Days and Open Evenings.
Explore our island city and its many attractions, and find out what student life is really like at the University.